Location Listvennichnoe first time
indicated in the notes by the researcher IG Georgi (1772-1773). At that time there was only a
local resident Winterland Roman Kislitsyna, going to the village Nikolskoe. This cabin was constructed in
1725 and was intended for hunting sable. The area got its name because of
the huge number of larch, which then grew along the entire coast. To this day the huge taiga larch
trees preserved on the Cape, but the ancient name of the village was changed to
the modern, and today the village is called Listvyanka. In the XVIII century in the settlement
of larch was built post office, a local pier begin to stop merchant ships. It is from this point onwards no
easy water passage across the great lake. They
could not pass Listvennichnoe all famous travelers, the king's ambassadors and
famous Russian writers who made their voyages to the east.
Village Listvennichnoe transformed into the main
harbor of Lake Baikal and holds a leading position among the surrounding
Shipyard was the most significant and
large enterprise Listvyanka in the past and it had been built and assembled a
considerable number of ships of the Baikal fleet, including the famous
steam-powered icebreaker "Baikal" and the icebreaker Angara.
Already in 1904 the village of larch and Nikolskoe
acquire the status of parish Listvenichnenskaya.
The whole history of Listvyanka
directly linked to the emergence and development of the Baikal fleet, with a
permanent ferry service on the trade route across the lake, and since the beginning
of XX century and the first steps to explore the lake means the then science.
At the end of XIX century, in June 1894 through
Listvyanka proceeded AP Chekhov, in a letter to
relatives, he said: "The banks are high, steep, rocky, wooded, right and
left visible headlands that protrude into the sea like the Ayu-Dag or Theodosia
Tohtebelya. Similar to the Crimea. Station larch is located at the
water and is strikingly similar to Yalta, and be the white house, all would Yalta.
Only the mountains are no
buildings, because the mountains are too sheer and build on them can not.
The construction of the Irkutsk
hydroelectric station, in the second half of the twentieth century, the coastal
area Listvyanka got into a zone of flooding and because of this original
buildings in the two lines of the main street turned into a single row.
How to remember local people,
"all along the coast were built ryazhi and houses stood on both sides of
the street, even on ryazhah along the street up to the slingshot. Houses
stood half on land half on ryazhah, and happened when the great excitement,
spray from the waves flew straight into the window. "
Architecture Listvyanka has its own peculiarities. For example, the ancient
buildings of the village are typical of chopped logs at home, without planking
outside walls. Almost all the buildings designed
facade on the lake.
On the streets Listvyanka to this day one can see the
old houses that are decorated with wooden carvings propyl.
Today Listvyanka - relatively small town (about 1,5
thousand people), but it stretches along Lake Baikal to 5 km.
At the end of the XX-XXI centuries. Listvyanka becoming an important
resort and picturesque features of the ancient Siberian village fading.
High-rise hotels appear in place of old wooden houses,
and in the midst of the summer season extended quay looks like a populated
beach area with a kebab and gift shop. Nevertheless, Listvyanka today's
most popular vacation spot in the Irkutsk weekend, so it often called the
gateway to Lake Baikal ", since it is from here and start ¬ considerable
amount of travel on the Great Lakes.
The berth is located near the hotel "Mayak",
you can always rent a boat for the water walk. Also on cruise ships, departing
from the pier Listvyanka possible to make excursions in the village. Big Cats and the Cape of fat on
the Circum-Baikal railway.
When the weather is good on Lake
Baikal from Listvyanka can see the opposite, east bank of snowy peaks of Hamar-Daban,
the distance to which about 40 km.